Wednesday, November 12, 2008

last minute trip

Well as most of you know, the stress level in my house is like 10 + most of the time.

Last week my parents were on their way down south to visit my sister's family. Nephew was having a birthday & getting the priesthood. I was quite jealous because I totally miss my sis and just wish we lived closer to eachother. (Tara - that does not mean I am moving...) I also really miss her kids. They are TONS-O-FUN!
Last weekend was Justin's weekend with the girls so I thought it might be fun just to look at ticket prices. They ranged in price from $500 - $2,100. So for a couple day trip, that was NOT worth it to me. Then my best friend told me that I should check out priceline & name my price for a ticket. So I listened to her. I went on priceline and named my price at $120. The computer pretty much rolled off the desk laughing at me. I just raised my price $10 at a time and finally at $225 it accepted my offer! WaHOO!! It was WAY last minute, but everything worked out. The next morning I was on my way to the airport. There is always something fun to do at my sister's house.

Here is some of what I did on my last minute trip!...
(and a few pictures to prove it!!)
  • I played Guitar Hero
  • I ate BBQ
  • I ate down home cookin'
  • I took a REALLY deep sleeping nap
  • I cried
  • I laughed
  • I went potty a few times
  • I went sailing on the ocean
  • I was involved in a sailboat crash
  • I saw Hurricane Ike damage
  • I was a FUN AUNTIE
  • I went to a museum type place
  • I went on a movie-ride that made me feel like I was going to VOMIT
  • I played the game LIFE
  • I was a cool Auntie
  • I did some laundry
  • I made a joke
  • I ate at Red Lobster
  • I was a dental assistant
  • I watched neice paint liahona
  • I took lots of pictures
  • I was a fun daughter
  • I played with magnets on a wall
  • I did the dishes
  • I played Pit
  • I took a few showers
  • I went to Wal*Mart
  • I watched nephew eat 55 shrimp scampi
  • I ate Malt-O-Meal & Ice Cream....mmmm
  • I cried
  • I listened to neice sing songs
  • I vented
  • I played
  • I met some really fun & amazing people
  • I talked to my kids every day
  • I painted a mug
  • I played with and sang to some dogs
  • I saw penguins
  • I slept in
  • I met a weirdo or two
  • I played on the laptop w/ photo booth...SO entertaining
  • I ate Malt-O-Meal & Ice Cream again!! mmmmmm
  • I watched movies
  • I relaxed
  • I did not swim in the beautiful pool
  • I thought
  • I totally missed my kids
  • I was a fun sister
  • I played at a birthday party
  • I ate some of TomTurkeys feathers
  • I ate a half-quart rootbeer float over a 4 day period
  • I saw a trash can full of trophies
  • I watched my sister cover a snake cake with individually cut pieces of fruit leather scales
  • I looked at a house remodel
  • I called my house
  • I had my flight cancelled & got to stay an extra night because of tornadoes
I HAD AN AMAZING TIME!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You did ALL of that in one trip!?! You are amazing!

Rachel said...

where are the pics? I am looking forward to the cake snake and root beer float pics, no the potty pic.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had blast in the south. Fun pictures too. I'll keep those hurricane victims in my prayers too.